Monday 30 January 2012

Obligatory Introductory Post: This feels like a whole new low...

Okay. I did it.  I started a blog. I've been told to do it on occasion, but I've always thought it was hopelessly conceited. I don't know how that stopped me. I never pretended not to be conceited. I guess boredom was enough to bring it on. Not that I haven't been bored enough before but apparently I'm getting weaker in my old age. I have heard that I should start a blog because I like ranting about stuff. Personally I think people are hoping I will get all my ranting out on the internet so they won't have to hear about it.

I mostly just think blogging is a bunch of lonely people yelling out into the blogosphere hoping desperately that someone will notice them and think they're cool. So I guess I'm one of them now.... Oh dear...

Oh, just in case you were curious; the blog title is me mocking Simon Guillebaud who wrote a memoir called Dangerously Alive. It had to be done.

4 comments:

  1. You sound like such an old man in this post. Its hilarious!
    I like to picture you looking like Carl Fredricksen from Up.

    Who's Simon Guillebaud? I want to be able to appreciate it when you mock people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon Guillebaud is a missionary to Burundi. He wrote a book called "Dangerously Alive: African Adventures of Faith under Fire". http://www.simonguillebaud.com/

    And Carl Fredricksen is one of my personal heroes, so thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know. I didnt read it. But ignorance has never stopped me from mocking before.

    ReplyDelete